To get to my point, these little changes have resulted in making me feel great! So I'll share these tiny tips with you, in case you didn't know about them yet.
- Research healthy recipes. I'm not a great cook. Not at all. I hardly think I'm going to go through and actually cook these recipes I research. But this was my motivation - the pictures of the deliciously healthy food were my motivation, they got my mouth watering! Two easy recipes I've been loving are morning glory toast (I just did a post on this, but there's the link again) & lemon spaghetti. Both easy to make and delish!
- "I'm not on a diet." I feel like this is extremely important. What many trying to shed a couple of lbs., myself included, always make the mistake of restricting ourselves to a diet plan. This makes trying to be healthy seem dreadful, and that's not our goal! The goal is to want to better yourself and your body, to want to be healthy. Instead of telling myself, and everyone else, that I needed to eat healthy. I just did it. I changed my mindset. This is important to establish before making any actual changes.
- Fill up on fiber! Fiber should be directly related to portions. If you're trying to cut down on your portions, eat more fiber. Fiber actually silences your hunger a lot quicker, which automatically solves your portion problem. And it doesn't make you feel sickly stuffed, either. You're hunger is silenced and you'll feel energized. Lately, I've been incorporating avocados, whole wheat bread & whole grain pita crackers into my diet. Just small, simple substitutes. One of my favorite things to eat is a slice of whole wheat bread, half spread with sunflower seed butter and the other half with Nutella, with a few slices of banana. Vegetables are also a great source of fiber, but if you're not sure what foods are great sources of fiber, here's a list, including portion/calorie ratios.
- Drink lots of water. It's obvious, but I always found myself drinking water just to wash down a meal. Water also keeps me full in between meals. And then there's the thing about zero calories and cleaning out your system, and all the benefits for your skin and hair and all that. I won't get into it.
- 11 reasons why you should drink green tea. I won't get into it, I'll just let this image do the talking. :)
I don't know if this helped, or if you learned anything new at all. But hopefully, you appreciated it none the less! Hope you get that rockin' summer bod :)